Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love of a Lifetime

Read Revelation 2:1-7

October 3, 1992 holds a special place in my heart because that's the day my wife and I said our "I Do's" to each other. And on that day we celebrated and danced to a kind of edgy rock ballad by a relatively unknown band Firehouse called Love of a Lifetime. I still enjoy hearing this song to this day because one of the lyrics affirms how I feel about my wife. It says - with you I never wonder will you be there for me, with you I never wonder if you're the right one for me. Listen, I'm not saying this for any other reason than it's true. My wife is the right one for me who will always be there for me; she's the right one for me.

As much as that's true in my marital relationship, God is truly the one we should never wonder about; He's always there and always the right one for us. Yet sadly, all too often, we forget Him as our love of a lifetime. We forget Him much like what's written about in Revelation 2 about the Ephesians. Read Revelation 2:1-7 and remember that God is our first and only true love of a lifetime. He wants our devotion, our passion, and our life to be all about our relationship with Him.

Take some time this week and reflect if there's anything in your life that's taking God's place as your love of a lifetime. Is there anything right now that is taking God's place in your life right now? If there is, confess it and spend time with God this week rekindling your relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment