Sunday, March 25, 2012

Words of Jesus (2)

Read John 14:27-31

Jesus speaks about leaving, leaving His disciples and says He's leaving one thing with them. What He's leaving He summed up in verse 31 - He's leaving His example. Verse 31 says - the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

When I read this a few days ago I was struck by the power of Jesus' example. What this world and everyone in this world needs to know Jesus says in verse 31. We all need to learn that His love for the Father and His listening to His Father, always doing exactly what the Father commanded Him is the example we are called to follow ourselves.

Whenever we question our actions and direction it is important to remember this passage because Jesus wants us following His example - listening to the Father and doing exactly what He's commanded us.

Next week we're going to look at how we can do this because we're going to check out Jesus' words in John 15 - so read ahead and find out the clue to how we can live out what God commands. Here's a hint - it's the Holy Spirit. Enjoy this week and follow Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment