Sunday, March 11, 2012

Prepared to Worship

Read Psalm 146:1-2

Every day we can make the decision to be prepared to worship. The Psalmist wrote these words - I will praise the LORD all my life: I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Ever wake up with enthusiasm because you had something special planned that day? You know what that feels like, right? It's exciting because something fun, something you've been anticipating is going to happen this day. Well this is what I believe the Psalmist has in mind when he says I will praise the LORD all my life. Our lives are to sing praise to God as long as we live. And this begins with a decision every day no matter what is happening in our lives.

But let's be honest, every day we are thrown curve balls. You know what I mean? We have an enemy that doesn't want us listening to God, walking with God so we face trials and tests to our faith. This is why it is so important to have godly friends. We encourage people to be in small groups, so we have people who know us and lift us up in prayer when we are not prepared to worship.

God never intended us to go it alone in this life. That's why we have been given the Spirit of God and the people of God to help us listen and walk with God for a lifetime. Don't go it alone - go with God, go with His people and you will always be prepared to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment