Sunday, August 15, 2010

Following Wholeheartedly

Read Joshua 14:1-15

Admittedly, some times reading the Old Testament can be difficult. But there's always something we can take from the Old Testament because God's word is given to inform and inspire us in our faith relationship with God. Joshua 14 is an example of this.

Reading through the book I came across chapter 14 and saw these verses speaking about Caleb - I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions, but my brothers who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear. I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.

The question is, can we say this about our relationship with God? That we follow Him wholeheartedly? I think too often we want Him to follow us and incorporate Himself into our lives. But the fact is, God calls us to follow Him; not the other way around.

The challenge this week is to try and answer this question honestly. And if we're not following God wholeheartedly lets allow God to help us understand why we're not trusting Him the way we're called to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment