Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is It Enough?

Read 2 Corinthians 12:1-10

We read and sing about it, but is it enough? Is God's grace really enough in your life? In my life?

Even with just a cursory reading of 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 we can't miss the fact that Paul who wrote this letter was struggling. While we may question what he was struggling with there's no doubt we are all in agreement with the fact that all of us struggle and face difficulties. But what does Paul say in verse 2? He says I'm going to go on to visions and things God has revealed to me when times are tough. You see it's when we remember God's goodness, God's grace and we go back to Him that we're able to go beyond reading that God's grace is enough to singing it by showing it's true in our lives.

Have you hit a tough patch? Struggling with anything right now? I'm going to encourage you - come back to God's amazing grace. In 2 Corinthians 12:9 we're told the Lord says - My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Please don't skim over this verse. It's critical to our understanding of where to go and what to do when we are weak. Every morning when we put our feet on the ground to get out of bed, let's remember this promise of God.

And last thing to consider - what does Paul say he'll do as a result of God's promise? He says I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses. Why? So that Christ's power may rest on me. So whatever comes your way, my way may we delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God's grace - IT IS ENOUGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment