Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mourning & Faith

READ | Hebrews 11:1-40

We all face this in life and we all need to come to terms with it – the death of a loved one. As I sit here thinking about this next Living Hope Devotional I can’t help but think about the death of my mom’s mom this past week. Death is never easy. But when it gets personal, it’s really hard. I can’t imagine the grief and the sadness throughout the world every day when a loved one passes away. My grandmother was probably the sweetest and kindest woman I’ve ever known. She was exactly what a Grandma is supposed to be. I’ll always remember her love for her family and how at every family get together she never sat down but was always running around serving people. What a beautiful and wonderful Grandma. I will miss her dearly.

Friends, I share only a piece of some of my memories but as I write I think of the title of this weekly devotional – Living Hope. And all I want to say this week is do you have it? Do you have a Living Hope that death is not the end but just the beginning of a different and new kind of relationship with our heavenly Father?

You know there are a lot of people who question people of faith as being without evidence that there is anything beyond the grave. I’m sad for them. They haven’t met our Jesus. Jesus provided ample evidence that we have a living hope beyond the grave because He was able to conquer death. No matter what you think about death and the grave remember this – Jesus conquered both. And history proves what Christians believe.

Though we mourn we do not mourn as people without hope. May God give you His grace and His mercy and His peace without limit this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment